This is the OnyxOS FAQ Page
Welcome to the OnyxOS FAQs:
Access & Registration
- Register on the developer portal
- What can I access when I have registered as ab OnyxOS developer?
- How do I register more than one application?
- What information do I need to supply in order to register for API access?
- Which Payers APIs are available as part of the CMS Interoperability and Patient Access Rule?
- How do I access OnyxOS APIs?
- How do I access open APIs like a Provider Directory API
- Which APIs does OnyxOS support?
- What are appropriate testing strategies for the FHIR Patient Access APIs
- How do I test OnyxOs APIs that require member authorization?
- How do I search the FHIR API to test data has loaded
- I am new to FHIR when I look at records through Postman I only see 10 records when I know there are more. What is wrong?
- Where are the Network resources in the Provider Directory API?
- How should updated ExplanationOfBenefits records be handled?
OnyxOS Data Ingestion Guide
- In the OnyxOS Data Guides some fields use a colon (:) to concatenate a field name. Does this have a special meaning?
- In the Claim data ingestion guide what is the difference between Claim Primary Payer Identifier and Claim Payer Identifier?
- In the Data Ingestion Guides there is a lastUpdated field. How is this used?
- What language codes are used for formulary and clinical data?
- Some code systems in the FHIR Specification, such as language tags, don’t display. Why is this the case?
- Do you know of any sources for the full language tags Code System?
- Is there a custom ExplanationOfBenefit profile for Hearing Encounter data?
- Where are the ExplanationOfBenefit profiles in the OnyxOS Data Ingestion Guides?
- How is the Member Crosswalk configured?
Member Authentication and Authorization
- When a member is being authenticated, and an identity token is generated for the user, how is that handled by OnyxOS?